Saturday, April 02, 2005

Last Week

After getting the drift of the fundies approach to the Schiavo case, I sent the 12/2003 Guardian Ad Litem Report (AKA, The Wolfson Report) to Bennett, Ingraham, Limbaugh, Hannity, Medved and one or two others who I can't recall now. The report is an excellent summary of the case to that time and provides factual details that would refute many of the vicious lies perpetrated by the "religious" Right.

Unfortunately, my e-mail had no discernible effect on any of them. For a few minutes, I thought Medved was taking a sane approach but he would pander to any nut who had fallen for the lies.

When I read the AOL message board and the chat rooms on this topic, the same lies were casually repeated by people who clearly knew nothing about the facts. I did post a link to a great site for info and I got an e-mail "thank you" from one or two people but for far too many posters, the lies held sway.

I did notice that not all opinions expressed at Little Green Footballs were in line with the Noise Machine (David Brock), so some on the Right can have informed opinions. With that in mind, I will keep fighting the lies.

No comments: