Sunday, October 08, 2006

SUNDAY WITH THE WAR WHORE

Laura Ingraham was on Fox News Sunday and tried to turn the tables on the Democrats but her game was very weak.

(From LexisNexis)
SHOW: FOX NEWS SUNDAY 9:00 AM EST
October 8, 2006 Sunday

(Excerpts)

LAURA INGRAHAM, RADIO TALK SHOW HOST:

I think what's happening now is the Democrats are overstepping it, Chris.

So all that's happening. And I think what I found is that the base is saying, "OK, move forward. Get off the defensive. Start talking about substance, not smear. People are getting tired of this already." And I think, once again, the Democrats are overstepping it, especially given their own past.

And this talk about who knew what when, what staffer told who, that's a loser for Republicans. Got to get back on substance, get off this defensive crouch. They have a lot of good stuff to talk about


I just, I don't buy it. I don't buy that people are going to think, "Mark Foley was a creep. Maybe the leadership in the beginning didn't respond the right way, so we're going to not support the people that we thought were good beforehand." I don't think that's going to happen. I think it's exactly what the media would like to see happen. I think the dinosaur media is pumping this story as much as possible. I don't blame them. It's titillating. It's certainly more interesting perhaps than what's happening in North Korea to them. And so, this is what they're going to do. Republicans have to make a choice here. Are they going to act like defensive cry-babies complaining about ABC News, or are they going to get on the offensive, start talking about what the Democrats do when they have this problem? They give standing ovations, pensions, and return people to office. End of story. Move on. They've got to do that, Chris.



The Whore hits a standard GOP point: the Press hates us! Curiously, she lapses into the dreaded "moral relativism" when she tries to point out how badly the Democrats reacted to situations like this.

No comments: