Tuesday, March 03, 2009

FATS PLAYS DEFENSE AGAIN

I didn't listen to Limbaugh's entire show today but I know he started off whining about how people are attacking him for wanting Pres. Obama to fail and the economy to tank. When I caught I little more at the beginning of his 3rd hour, he said he had already devoted 2 hours to this issue. I've long thought that we need to go after the talk radio whores and it seems that Pres. Obama thinks the same. Here's a juicy part from yesterday's WH press briefing:
Q The President has spoken a lot about bringing the country together, and after the stimulus fight there was a lot of hand-wringing in both parties about bipartisanship. What is the White House's reaction to Rush Limbaugh saying again that he wants the President to fail, specifically on his economic plans? And how does that bode for bipartisanship in the future, working with Republicans?

MR. GIBBS: Well, I think the question is a good one. I think that -- I think maybe the best question, though, is for you to ask individual Republicans whether they agree with what Rush Limbaugh said this weekend. Do they want to see the President's economic agenda fail? You know, I bet there are a number of guests on television throughout the day and maybe into tomorrow who could let America know whether they agree with what Rush Limbaugh said this weekend.

You know, I mean, I think he -- I mean, I think it would be charitable to say he doubled down on what he said in January in wishing and hoping for economic failure in this country. I can only imagine what might have been said a few years ago if somebody might have said that on the other side relating to what was going on in this country or our endeavors overseas. You know, I'd like to think, and I think most people would like to think, that we can put aside our differences and get things done for the American people.

I will say, in watching a few cable clips of Mr. Limbaugh's speech, his notion of presidential failure seemed to be quite popular in the room in which he spoke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why all the crying about Rush? Sheesh! Didn't you want Bush to fail? Didn't Harry Reid? Al Franken?

And NOW you're whining? LOL

Steve J. said...

Here's the real problem:
If Obama succeeds, then the GOP is a minority party for the forseeable future.