Monday, June 15, 2009

NPR OMBUDSMAN GETS IT WRONG

Last month I contacted NPR's Ombudsman because Juan Williams, on an NPR show, grossly misinterpreted what Judge Sotomayor said about her background and the law. Here's my e-mail:
After this statement about Judge Sotomayor, I think he's ready to leave NPR and join FAUX full-time. On Weekend Edition Saturday, he offered this interpretation of the judge's remarks in 2001 (my own transcription):

"...you'd have to say her language, if took it at what it was worth, was racist."

Somehow the ombudsman thought I was complaining about Williams' appearances on FAUX News:
It is not uncommon for NPR reporters to appear on other networks, such as CNN and PBS. The integrity of Williams has been carefully vetted by NPR staff, and his extensive knowledge in journalism has qualified him to fulfill their given roles.

No comments: