Tuesday, October 05, 2010

A PROTO-BAGGER

(h/t Ken Hoop)

Joseph Sobran was a star at the National Review until he started to realize that Israel was much more of a liability than an ally.   Here's why I claim he was a forerunner of the Baggers:
He wrote often on the Constitution as well, and as he underwent a slow conversion to anarchism beginning in the late 1980s, he arrived at the conclusion, based on his reading of the 10th Amendment, that virtually every act of the federal government since the Civil War was illegal.

1 comment:

Ken Hoop said...

I beleive Matt Taibbi, however,pointed out a "few" examples where tea baggers fall short of this, in contrast with Ron Paul who himself is far from any kind of anarchist. I myself have a mild affinity for the National Anarchist movement but I won't risk my welcome here by posting anything from them.