Monday, July 18, 2005

WAR-MONGER THINKING

(Hat-tip to Old lady from Wyoming, an Atrios commenter)

SOLDIER SEES GOOD, BAD DURING YEAR IN IRAQ WAR
Published: July 16, 2005
By Joseph Friedrichs
Pilot staff writer
Curry Coastal Pilot
http://www.currypilot.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=11101


Raudebaugh, a member of the Army National Guard, is home to Brookings for a brief two-week stay following the deaths of both his grandmother and his wife's.

He's spent the last year fighting in the war in Iraq.

"Being in Iraq has given me a greater appreciation for my family and for my country," he says. "But some things here make me mad. I have a deep hatred and anger when I see a car with a John Kerry bumper sticker. It makes me want to run their car off the road."

Raudebaugh is certain at least 95 percent of the Iraqi people are glad foreign troops occupy their country.

Before the war is over, he hopes to see media coverage on the war improve.

"They're negative and one sided – the liberals put a terrible slant on what we're doing.
If and when the Iraq war comes to an end, Raudebaugh would like to see the U.S. forces continue their work overseas.
"I hope we hurry up and take out Iraq," he says. "Go to Syria, Iran and then North Korea."

2 comments:

Author "B" said...

Stevie-
You and the twit from Wyoming are obviously too stupid to understand the difference between warrior and warmonger.
Be thankful the warriors are there to protect you from the consequences of your own stupidity.

Steve J. said...

PSY -

This man is NOT protecting me by fighting an immoral and illegal war in Iraq.