Wednesday, August 17, 2005

VIGIL FOR CASEY AND CINDY

There were three vigils held in Tucson and I attended the one held at the Tiradito Shrine. The media coverage was pretty good - two TV stations and perhaps a reporter from a newspaper. Our host Marianne was interviewed by one TV station and perhaps some others were also.

I'd say about 180 people showed up, including the Tucson Raging Grannies. After handing the chorus lyrics, the Grannies sang a song one of them wrote just today and that was followed by a minute of silence.

One fellow then read a short poem and after that our host Marianne thanked us for attending. I left shortly after that because I had to catch a bus. Before I left, I gave the Grannies my e-mail address because I wanted to get all the lyrics to the song.

I didn't see very many males between the ages of 18-25. Most of the crowd was over 30. The mood was subdued and respectful.



Tiradito Shrine Posted by Picasa

No comments: