Friday, September 09, 2005

PAT ROBERTSON REPLIES

I just received this e-mail from CBN, weeks after the event. Here's the text:

Thank you for contacting CBN in response to remarks I made during a recent edition of The 700 Club. These unplanned comments followed a news report of the crisis in Venezuela. I have written a letter of profound apology to President Chavez assuring him of my prayers for him personally and for the people of Venezuela. Along the way, I hope that God in His grace might bring President Chavez to the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. Please join me in this prayer. I hope this apology will have the effect of providing peace and harmony where there has been much strife. More than anything else, I want you to know that CBN's core mission is the same today as it has been for 44 years - to bring the love of Jesus and the message of His
saving grace to the nations of the world. Every day, it is our privilege to tell His story to millions of men, women and children throughout America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Latin America, and yes, certainly Venezuela. God bless you for your support of CBN and I hope that it will continue. I remain ...

Sincerely yours,

Pat Robertson



I'd like to know exactly what "the crisis" was that moved Robertson to make his remarks and what are the religious beliefs of Hugo Chavez. If I get a reply to these questions, I'll post it here.

No comments: