Wednesday, April 12, 2006

THE BUSH TAX CUT MYTH

On a Tucson Daily Star message board, I came across another true believer in Fredo's tax cuts. Here are 3 excerpts from his replies to my posts:

EckJerome: And, hey, if you missed the positive effects of Bush's tax cuts, then you obviously had your head buried in the New York Times.

EckJerome: (Forgive me for believeing you actually went to the Wall Street Journal to get that, otherwise you would have had to completely ignore the multitude of statistics which support the positive effects of tax cuts.)

EckJerome: I'm guessing it never occured to you to look up the figures for increased revenue as a direct result of tax cuts...or perhaps increased investment and job growth. Of course, not. That would require you to be something other than a partisan hack.


The disparaging mention of the NY Times was my first clue that I was dealing with a wingnut but the arguments he later used convinced me. I then posted information about Bush's economy (see here for some of the facts that I posted on the board). Instead of disputing the WSJ article I cited, he made an irrelevant attack on my reading habits and then accused me of getting my information from Bush-hating sites. Despite not offering up any empirical evidence for his claim that there were several positive effects of the Bush tax cuts, he attacks me for being a partisan hack not worth reading:
EckJerome: I'm through with attempts to take you seriously. I hereby welcome you as the third member of my exclusive Ignore Club.

No comments: