Sunday, December 31, 2006

FLASHBACK: A HINT FROM POWELL

I guess I never got around to posting this but here's a startling admission that something was VERY wrong with our pre-war intelligence.

Meet the Press

NBC News
Updated: 10:08 a.m. MT May 16, 2004


Powell: I'm very concerned. When I made that presentation in February 2003, it was based on the best information that the Central Intelligence Agency made available to me. We studied it carefully; we looked at the sourcing in the case of the mobile trucks and trains. There was multiple sourcing for that. Unfortunately, that multiple sourcing over time has turned out to be not accurate. And so I'm deeply disappointed. But I'm also comfortable that at the time that I made the presentation, it reflected the collective judgment, the sound judgment of the intelligence community. But it turned out that the sourcing was inaccurate and wrong and in some cases, deliberately misleading. And for that, I am disappointed and I regret it.

No comments: