Thursday, December 28, 2006

MORE ON SLOTS BENNETT

This morning, Slots claimed that Carter was guilty of plagiarism and through Lexis-Nexis, I found a FAUX News transcript that contains the gist of the charge: maps of the Middle East!

FOX SPECIAL REPORT WITH BRIT HUME 6:13 PM EST
December 8, 2006 Friday

DENNIS ROSS, FMR. MIDDLE EAST ENVOY: The maps that are in his book are -- certainly appear as if they were taken from my book.

SERRIE: Ambassador Dennis Ross, who served as special envoy to the Middle East under President Clinton, says these maps, published in Carter's book, appear to be the same maps he created.

ROSS: He has used maps that look like they've been drawn from my book without attribution.

CARTER: I have never seen Dennis Ross' book. I'm not knocking it. I'm sure it is a very good book. But my maps came from an atlas that is public available. And I think it is the most authentic map that you can get.


I'd have to see exactly what Ross is talking about but his claim seems far-fetched.

No comments: