Friday, March 09, 2007

FRANKS ON KERRY

One of the great things about this is that it came during an interview with war-whore Hannity.

HANNITY: I want to play a tape of John Kerry, and I want to get your reaction to this tape.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
SEN. JOHN KERRY (D-MA), PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: I personally didn't see personal atrocities in the sense that I saw somebody cut a head off or something like that. However, I did take part in free fire zones. I did take part in harassment interdiction fire. I did take part in search and destroy missions in which the houses of noncombatants were burned to the ground.And all of these, I find out later on -- these acts are contrary to The Hague and Geneva conventions and to the laws of warfare. So, in that sense, anybody who took part in those, if you carry out the application of the Nuremberg principles, is in fact guilty.
(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: What does that mean to you?

FRANKS: I think we had a lot of problems in Vietnam. One was the lack of leadership of young people like in -- in John Kerry's position. He was a young officer over there, and I'm not sure that -- that activities like that didn't take place. In fact, quite the contrary. I'm sure that they did take...

HANNITY: But there's a difference. You were faced with a situation where you were around men that perhaps could have engaged in something like this.

FRANKS: Right.

HANNITY: And you were the one that stood up, and you described the scene in your book where you said no.
FRANKS: Right. Right, I decided to not be involved in activity like that.
HANNITY: Let me ask you this. I want to play you another tape of his where he talks about what other soldiers did when he was there.
FRANKS: Right.
HANNITY: And then, I'll get your reaction to this. Roll this tape.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
KERRY: I relived the absolute horror of what this country, in a sense, made them do. They told the stories of times that they had personally raped, cut off the ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in the fashion of Genghis Khan.
(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: I mean, raped, murdered, all these things. But he never told names. Does that anger you? I mean, this is the guy now that is the leading candidate for the Democrats.

FRANKS: I don't know. I -- I think Vietnam was -- I think Vietnam was a bad time. I think that what I've learned in my life, Sean, is that it's a heck of a lot easier to protest than it is to step up and take responsibility for the actions of a unit or for -- or for your own actions. And so, I don't -- I don't like what I saw. But at the same time, I -- I wouldn't say that - the things that Senator Kerry said are undeniable about activities in Vietnam. I think that things didn't go right in -- in Vietnam. And so...

SOURCE:

Copyright 2004 Fox News Network, LLC Fox News Network
SHOW: FOX HANNITY & COLMES (21:00)
August 3, 2004 Tuesday
Transcript # 080301cb.253

SECTION: News; Domestic
LENGTH: 3792 words
EADLINE: Interview With Tommy Franks
GUESTS: Tommy Franks
BYLINE: Sean Hannity, Pat Halpin

No comments: