Tuesday, April 10, 2007

AYFKM???

quaoar at Daily KOs has a good post about Allen Pizzey, the CBS reporter who joined Michael Ware in calling Sen. McCain a bullshitter:

CBS Iraq reporter says MSM gave Bush a free ride on war

quaoar found this statement from Pizzey that led me to the obvious post title:

A patrol of military police on their way to one of the about-to-be-established Joint Security Stations last week provides another case in point.

[snip]

Once inside the walls of the fortified police station of their students and supposed allies, no American soldier took off a single piece of protective gear. American sentries backed up the Iraqis on the gate and roof. Humvee drivers stayed with their vehicles.

A young sergeant was assigned to accompany myself and cameraman Mark LaGanga wherever we went.
When I suggested that it was fine and the sergeant could take a break, he replied quietly; "No sir. I need to be with you. Wouldn't want to take the risk of you being kidnapped."

"In a police station?" I asked. "You're kidding."

"No sir," he replied, "I am not."

No comments: