Monday, May 07, 2007

I MIGHT BE WRONG AGAIN

I've criticized Rusty Humphries for claiming that Muslims are rioting almost every day in France but he may be closer to the truth than I thought. From the Manchester Guardian:

France's Sarkozy Seeks Parliament Allies
Monday May 7, 2007 5:01 PM
By ANGELA DOLAND
Associated Press Writer

On election night, scattered violence was reported across France. Police reported that 270 people were taken in for questioning and that 367 parked vehicles had been torched. On a typical night in France, about 100 cars are burned.


I wrote an e-mail to Doland asking her where I can get more information about car burnings in France.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making that acknowledgement. I never INTENTIONALLY say something that is inaccurate. Its live radio and I have to rely on news sources just like everyone else. However, I heard about the riots starting with a friend who had been on a vacation in France and then followed it up with phone calls and then news sources. I appreciate the clarification. All the best, Rusty Humphries