Friday, September 07, 2007

FREDO AND OSAMA

The new tape by Osama is causing quite a stir. You can get the transcript here but before you read it, I'd like to provide a little historical context:

FLIP:
" Make no mistake: The United States will hunt down and punish those responsible for these cowardly acts. " - G.W. Bush, 9/11/01

"Justice demands that those who helped or harbored the terrorists be punished -- and punished severely. The enormity of their evil demands it. We will use all the resources of the United States and our cooperating friends and allies to pursue those responsible for this evil, until justice is done. " - G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01

FLOP:
So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. G.W. Bush March 13, 2002 http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/03/20020313-8.html

And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. G.W. Bush March 13, 2002 http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/03/20020313-8.html

No comments: