Friday, February 29, 2008

McWAR HATES CATHOLICS

McCain got the endorsement of Texas evangelical leader John Hagee, an fundie nutbag who supports Israel because he wants to hasten the Second Coming. Hagee also hates Catholics and the endorsement has drawn the outrage of another fundie nutbag, William Donahue of the Catholic League. Sarah Posner at TAPPED points out that McWar has ties to two other nutbags like Hagee, Rod Parsley and Gary Bauer.

McWar has this to say about the nutbag:
"I think he's a fine leader and I appreciate his commitment to
Israel," (Reuters)

AND a day later,
And I am very proud of the Pastor John Hagee's spiritual leadership to thousands of people and I am proud of his commitment to the independence and the freedom of the state of Israel. (Glenn Greenwald)

Glenn discusses why this isn't as big a deal as the supposed Obama-Farrakhan link but I think the bigger news is the continuing breakup of the Rove Coalition.

No comments: