Sunday, March 16, 2008

FAUX LIES AGAIN

On FAUX News Sunday with Chris Wallace, the right-wingers asserted that Michelle Obama said she was now proud of America simply because Obama was a black man. In fact, she said and meant much more than that:

Michelle Obama: "For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I'm Really Proud of My Country"
February 18, 2008 8:24 PM

Speaking in Milwaukee, Wisconsin today, would-be First Lady Michelle Obama said, "for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback."

Then in Madison, she said, "For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country, and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change."


They spun Michelle's remarks to help make a consistent narrative: Barack's minister and his wife are black radicals.

No comments: