Sunday, March 02, 2008

STILL FASCINATED WITH RAYGUN

The Myth of St. Ronnie still has a powerful hold on many conservative mouthpieces. Hannity, for example, has been calling himself a "Reagan conservative" for the last two years even though other movement conservatives have dispelled St. Ronnie's halo. NPR's Morning edition interviewed 4 movement conservatives last week and 2 of them still cling to The Myth.

GROVER NORQUIST:
The president of Americans for Tax Reform says McCain's fiscal priorities are in line with classic Reagan principles that the party has stood for.

GLENN BECK:
"I think when I was really young, I considered myself a Republican because of Ronald Reagan," Beck says. "But the party of Ronald Reagan has been missing. It's kind of like the Republicans now are, 'Where did I put those values I used to believe in? Oh, I must have left them in my other jacket.' "

No comments: