Thursday, April 17, 2008

WORSE THAN I THOUGHT

I've been reading that George Stephanopolous asked Obama about William Ayers based on a suggestion by Sean Hannity. I didn't think this was literally true but it turns out that Hannity suggested the question to George last Tuesday. From ThinkProgress:
HANNITY: There are two questions that I don’t think anybody has asked Barack Obama, and I don’t know if this is going to be on your list tomorrow. One is – the only time he’s ever been asked about his association with Bill Ayers, the unrepentant terrorist from the Weather Underground who on 9/11 of all days in the New York Times was saying “I don’t regret setting bombs. I don’t think we did enough.” When asked about it by the Politico, David Axelrod said that they have a friendly relationship, and that they had done a number of speeches together and that they sat on a board together. Is that a question you might ask?

STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, I’m taking notes right now.

No comments: