Thursday, May 08, 2008

AN ANECDOTE

In the same business plaza I work in, the Obama campaign set up headquarters for the Arizona primary. I popped in one day and asked if there were any paying jobs available and I was told that there weren't any. I don't recall if the fellow I spoke to said it was all-volunteer or not. Anyway, Marc Armbinder notes that Obama is putting together a HUGE GOTV/NEW INFRASTRUCTURE organization called Vote for Change. He notes that:
On election day, Obama might have more than a million individuals volunteering on his behalf. That should scare the beejeesus out of the McCain campaign and the RNC.

Back to my little story. Digby and Matt Stoller both note that Obama's reliance on volunteers kinda places a class barrier to working for him, so I'm now convinced he's a elitist pig! :-)

No comments: