Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I LIKE THIS RESPONSE

And I think a temperament like this is really what we need our next President to have.
Obama Heats Up Indiana, North Carolina Primaries
Sen. Barack Obama Addresses Wright Controversy, Clinton's Claims

By TERRY MORAN and MELINDA ARONS
May 5, 2008
ABC News


The shots in the Democratic primary campaign are getting nasty, and this weekend it got downright crude as Clinton confidante James Carville told Newsweek, "If she gave him one of her cojones, they'd both have two."

Obama responded to Carville's comments for the first time today.

"Well, you know, James Carville is well-known for spouting off his mouth without always knowing what he's talking about," Obama told "Nightline." "And I intend to stay focused on fighting for the American people because what they don't need is 20 more years of performance art on television. And that's what James Carville and a lot of those folks are expert at ... a lot of talk and not getting things done for the American people."


Obama also made a valid point about the main stream media:
Obama also believes the media has been inconsistent in portraying his candidacy along racial lines.

"This is something that the media, I'm sorry to say, has been promoting for a long time," he said. "I don't know if anyone can remember this, but about this time last year, when every story was, 'Is he black enough, he's not getting black votes,' I kept saying at the time, 'Listen, relax. People are getting to know me, and when they have a sense to see me, and hear my life story, then we're gonna get those votes.' Now we've gotten those votes and everyone's saying, 'Oh, he's too black now!'"

No comments: