Tuesday, June 03, 2008

PRES. BUSH IS A LIAR

(h/t Atrios)

In Richard Engel's new book, War Journal: My Five Years in Iraq, he let's us read about more lies from Pres. Bush. Excerpt from Muckraked:
- Bush admits to Engel that going to war was a decision based on his personal instinct and not on any long-range strategy for the Mideast: “I know people are saying we should have left things the way they were, but I changed after 9/11. I had to act. I don’t care if it created more enemies. I had to act.”

As both Paul O'Neill and Bob Woodward let us know, this is a lie. Bush was determined to attack Iraq from the very beginning of his 1st term.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In demanding Syria leave Lebanon, Bush said a fair election could never be held when a country was under occupation.

Kinda makes Hezbollah's gain in power seem just retribution for this hypocrisy.

Steve J. said...

Fredo's demand for elections among the Palestinians lead to Hamas winning. Another neo-con foreign policy triumph! :-)