Saturday, June 14, 2008

THE RIGHTWING NARCISSISTS DON'T BELIEVE IN THE RULE OF LAW

Slots Bennett once said Pres. Bush should ignore a Supreme Court ruling if it doesn't go his way. Laura Ingraham thinks that Pres. Bush should ignore the Boumediende ruling. (h/t Glenn Reynolds) Ingraham was sitting in for Bill O'Reilly on Friday and had this to say1:
INGRAHAM: Senator Obama, on the other hand, released a statement saying that the court had rejected the Bush administration's attempt to create "legal black holes" at Gitmo. Joining us now from San Diego, is Margerie Cohen, who's the president of the National Lawyers Guilt.

Marjorie, I was trying to think to myself, look, if I were President Bush, and I had heard that this case had come down, and I'm out of office in a few months. My ratings, my popularity ratings are pretty low, I would have said at this point, that's very interesting that the court decided this, but I'm not going to respect the decision of the court because my job is to keep this country safe.

Congress and I work painstakingly to put these procedures in place to give protections to the enemy combatants, these detainees and to listen to what the courts said a few years back, when they said to do this.

We did that. And you know something? The court just decided, you know, we don't like what you did. Unconstitutional. At this point, I'm going to tell you. I think a lot of people out there are just sick of this court. It's out of control. That's my view. What say you?


1Fox News Network
June 13, 2008 Friday
SHOW: THE O'REILLY FACTOR 8:00 PM EST
More Analysis
BYLINE: Laura Ingraham
GUESTS: Marjorie Cohn
SECTION: NEWS; Domestic

LENGTH: 1104 words

No comments: