Sunday, July 27, 2008

NEW RADIO SHOW ON LOCALLY

It's called On the Media and it's on NPR. I just caught a few minutes today and it seemed pretty interesting. In the archives, I found an interview with the guy who did the Fats Limbaugh interview for the NY Times. He says something astounding:

BOB GARFIELD: Your piece on Limbaugh was very generous, I would say even flattering. You seem to give him a pass for his excesses. And when I'm talking about excesses, I'm talking about ad hominem attacks, truly mean-spirited stuff that goes way beyond satire and into the politics of vilification, and also playing fast and loose with the truth, seizing on some news item and grossly misrepresenting it and creating a lot of hubbub, using as the kernel of his satire something that is just fundamentally untrue.

ZEV CHAFETS: Well, do you have an example of that? I'm not an apologist for Rush Limbaugh, but I'm a little bit defensive because I think that the liberal media takes such an unfair view of him.

I hear people being vilified on the radio, on all sorts of radio stations by all sorts of people all day long. And Limbaugh is not worse than many of the ones I hear, even on NPR. He just has a different point of view.

Have an example? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, CHAFETS???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat Buchanan had a radio talk show for a few years. Of course he always had a liberal sidekick along side, Bob Beckel and Barry Lynn to name two. Even so, something tells me, Ze'ev wouldn't have been nearly so flattering in a Buchanan feature during the period.