Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"HEADS I WIN, TAILS YOU LOSE"

Today, Fats Limbaugh talked about Obama's speech at the VFW convention and pointed out that Obama talked about his own patriotism:

OBAMA: Now it's time for him to acknowledge that I want to do the same. Let me be clear. I will let no one question my love of this country. I love America -- (cheers and applause) I love America, so do you, and so does John McCain.

RUSH: This, to me, ladies and gentlemen, is striking. Here we have the Democrat Party's presidential nominee, presumptive nominee, unless the Clintons do something about that next week, telling a convention of the Veterans of Foreign Wars that he loves his country. There must be some doubt in some people's minds if the Democrat Party's presidential nominee has to go to the Veterans of Foreign Wars convention and assure them that he loves his country, pleading with people to believe that he loves his country. If the Democrat Party's presidential nominee has to say that he loves his country, then -- he-he-he-he-he-he-he -- there might be some question, and it's not 'cause of anything McCain said. McCain's not the only bright light in the room here who's figured out that Obama and the Democrat Party want defeat in Iraq.

They've been hoping for it, and they own it. They invested in it. Challenge the idea that people can't disagree without challenging each other's character and patriotism. I'll challenge your patriotism. When you actively seek the defeat of the US military, the United States of America in Iraq, what the hell are you doing? Hey, I wonder if Obama -- I'm sure if he had said this Cookie would have given it to us -- I wonder if Obama told the Veterans of Foreign Wars that America isn't the country that it used to be? I wonder if he would tell the VFW that America is not what it used to be and that's why he is running for president, because our country is not what it used to be. Like he said in Berlin, and like he said to the seven-year-old kid that asked him why he wanted to be president. I wonder if he said that to the VFW. Nope. Don't think so. He had to assure them first that he loves the country.

The doubt was sown by GOP smear merchants and amplified by talk radio gasbags like Limbaugh and Hannity.

No comments: