Monday, August 18, 2008

A VIETNAM POW SPEAKS OUT ON McCAIN

Just in case you think that St. POW McCain is universally loved by Vietnam War era vets, Bfgrnnnn on AOL found this op-ed on Military.com. Butler is one more person who knows McCain and thinks his bad temper makes him unsuitable to be President.
Why I Will Not Vote for John McCain
Phillip Butler March 27, 2008
(excerpts)

He is a man I respect and admire in some ways. But there are a number of reasons why I will not vote for him for President of the United States.

I can verify that John has an infamous reputation for being a hot head. He has a quick and explosive temper that many have experienced first hand. Folks, quite honestly that is not the finger I want next to that red button.

It is also disappointing to see him take on and support Bush's war in Iraq, even stating we might be there for another 100 years. For me John represents the entrenched and bankrupt policies of Washington-as-usual.

I'm disappointed to see John represent himself politically in ways that are not accurate. He is not a moderate Republican. On some issues he is a maverick. But his voting record is far to the right.

John is not a religious person, but he has taken every opportunity to ally himself with some really obnoxious and crazy fundamentalist ministers lately.

No comments: