Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WILL HANNITY AND BECK RESPOND?

Both FOX News Hounds and The Raw Story highlight Bernie Goldberg's Sept. 29th appearance on Bill O'Reilly's show when he actually criticizes FAUX for being untruthful. Here are some excerpts from LexisNexis1:
GOLDBERG: Right. You know, there are other examples like that, where FOX uncovers stories that the so-called mainstream media should be uncovering. So what does the so-called mainstream media do? They get angry at FOX.

This is wrong. This is the spill balls at the battleship argument. But sometimes Bill, and I -- whether you acknowledge it or not, I'm going to state it, sometimes FOX brings on the criticism itself. There are some programs on FOX that are not only fair and balanced, they're commentary shows. They don't have to be. But they brag about how fair and balanced they are. They don't cover rallies and tea parties. They cheer lead for rallies and tea parties. And as a journalist, I am totally against that.

GOLDBERG: Here's a good answer. Don't pretend that you're being objective. Don't go on air, and I don't mean you, I mean others on this network. Don't go on the air and say these tea parties are a cross section of America. They are not a cross section. Don't pretend to be a journalist if you're not a journalist. If you want to be a commentator and comment.

O'REILLY: See, I don't - I disagree, look.

GOLDBERG: .be my guest. But don't pretend to be a journalist.

GOLDBERG: No -- the commentary part of it is totally legitimate, but to give false information just because you're a commentator.

O'REILLY: If it's false.

GOLDBERG: .is unacceptable.

O'REILLY: If it's false information, I agree, but I haven't seen a lot of that.

GOLDBERG: Are you telling me -- wait a second. Are you telling me that you think those people at the tea parties were a cross section of America? There were as many liberal Democrats as conservatives? There are as many people who voted pro Obama as.

O'REILLY: I didn't here anybody say they wasn't liberal Democrats.

GOLDBERG: Oh, I did. I did. Do you want a few names?

O'REILLY: No, I don't.


1Fox News Network
September 29, 2009 Tuesday
SHOW: THE O'REILLY FACTOR 8:11 PM EST
Weekdays With Bernie
BYLINE: Bill O'Reilly
GUESTS: Bernie Goldberg
SECTION: NEWS; Domestic
LENGTH: 1395 words

No comments: