Monday, November 23, 2009

THE FRC'S TONY PERKINS IS AN AUTHORITARIAN PRICK

I just read this in NEWSWEEK:
I’m a former police officer, and I have hard time with civil disobedience, but if it comes to the point where our religious liberty is at risk, I’d not only participate but would encourage people to resist.”

My hunch was that he was a member of one of the armed services before he became a cop and his FRC bio shows that I was correct:
A veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, and a former police officer and television news reporter, Tony brings a unique blend of experience and leadership to the pro-family movement. He received his undergraduate degree from Liberty University and a Master's Degree from Louisiana State University in Public Administration. In May 2006 he received an honorary doctorate in theology from Liberty University. Tony and Lawana, married in 1986, have five children.

No comments: