Friday, December 04, 2009

WAR BARBIE THEN AND NOW

(h/t BartCop)

PALIN, 2007:
Gov. Sarah Palin speaks out.
Publication: Alaska Business Monthly
Publication Date: 01-MAR-07 Format: Online
Full Article Title: Gov. Sarah Palin speaks out.(Interview)(Cover story)

ABM: We've lost a lot of Alaska's military members to the war in Iraq. How do you feel about sending more troops into battle, as President Bush is suggesting?

Palin: I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq. I heard on the news about the new deployments, and while I support our president, Condoleezza Rice and the administration, I want to know that we have an exit plan in place; I want assurances that we are doing all we can to keep our troops safe. Every life lost is such a tragedy. I am very, very proud of the troops we have in Alaska, those fighting overseas for our freedoms, and the families here who are making so many sacrifices.

PALIN, 2009:
Finally, A Decision for Afghanistan: We're In It to Win It
Tue at 7:29pm

We should be clear, however, that fewer troops mean assuming more risk. Talk of an exit date also risks sending the wrong message. We should be in Afghanistan to win, not to set a timetable for withdrawal that signals a lack of resolve to our friends, and lets our enemies believe they can wait us out.

No comments: