Monday, January 11, 2010

IF TRUE, WE DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT COAKLEY AND THE 60 VOTES

UPDATE: One of the local papers confirms part of SPA2's account:
Brown, Coakley and Kennedy square off in final debate
By John J. Monahan
Worcester TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF
Monday, January 11, 2010

When Ms. Coakley said Mr. Brown filed an amendment to the state’s emergency contraception law to allow hospitals to refuse to provide that treatment to rape victims, Mr. Brown said that amendment would have allowed hospitals with “religious preferences” to not perform abortions or “those services.” When she asked specifically whether he meant emergency contraception services, he responded, “I’m not a defendant, I’d like to answer the question.”

Mr. Brown said that amendment was supported “by many people” and that he later supported the overall bill making emergency contraception available at hospitals. He said he supported the Roe v. Wade ruling that legalized abortion.

According to SPA2, a poster on Politico, in the final debate between Scott Brown and Martha Coakley, Brown shot himself in the head:
He just had a debate tonight, and he said "I support Roe vs Wade"

I am sure there were conservative heads exploding.

I checked in with the hannity boards, and they were trying to explain it away.

I think my favorite part, is he voted against a income tax rate cut last year. . . .

No comments: