Monday, March 08, 2010

LINDSEY GRAHAM TURNS TALK RADIO AGAIN

On Face The Nation (3/7/2010), he equates using reconciliation to the 2005 attempt by the GOP to change the Senate rules to prohibit the filibustering of judicial nominations.
SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM:...Remember the “nuclear option” with judges, when we almost changed the rules? I was one of seven Democrats, oh-- seven Republicans, seven Democrats said don’t do that. Don’t pull the nuclear trigger. I’m glad I was in that gang. I got the heck beat out of me. We didn’t change the rules. This will be the same effect as if you change the rules for judges, it will be catastrophic.

Sen. Evan Bayh suggested that even if the Senate Parliamentarian rules against the Democrats, the Vice President could overrule him! That's something I'd like to see.

No comments: