Friday, March 12, 2010

WHAT DOES ANDREW BREITBART KNOW?

I've read that he developed The Drudge Report and The Huffington Post, so I assumed that he must have pretty good Internet programming skills but this profile of him in Wired doesn't give any indication of that. Before he became involved with those sites, he was a waiter and had a " low-level movie production job." Drudge already had a newsletter by the time Breitbat started working for him and The Drudge Report itself still doesn't show any sign of being designed by someone who really knows how to create a visually appealing site.

Breitbart does claim to have played a crucial role in the development of The Huffington Post:
“I created the Huffington Post,” he says simply. “I drafted the plan. They followed the plan.”

Arianna disagrees and it doesn't seem that Breitbart came up with the business model because "he wasn’t much of a businessperson."

So, I'm still puzzled.

No comments: