Friday, September 24, 2010

THE NEW (OLD) PURITANISM

In 2003, Christine O'Donnell thought we could stop everyone from having sex outside of marriage!!!  This is getting some coverage but it needs more to remind people just how much the Fundies want to control our lives.

Transcript and video from The Plum Line:
NIES: I tell them to be careful. You have to wear a condom. You have to protect yourself when you're going to have sex, because they're having it anyway.
NIES: There's nothing that you or me can do about it.
O'DONNELL: The sad reality is -- yes, there is something you can do about it. And the sad reality, to tell them slap on a condom is not --
NIES: You're going to stop the whole country from having sex?
O'DONNELL: Yeah. Yeah!
NIES: You're living on a prayer if you think that's going to happen.
O'DONNELL: That's not true. I'm a young woman in my thirties and I remain chaste.

No comments: