Friday, July 06, 2012

MAYBE WE REALLY SHOULD THANK JUSTICE SCALIA

I posted below that we should thank him for being so wingnutty that Chief Justice Roberts decided to uphold Obamacare but it was partly in jest.  This interview with Judge Richard Posner, another conservative judge, indicates that I may have been correct:
"I've become less conservative since the Republican Party started becoming goofy," he [Posner] said.

"Because if you put [yourself] in his [Roberts] position ... what's he supposed to think? That he finds his allies to be a bunch of crackpots? Does that help the conservative movement? I mean, what would you do if you were Roberts? All the sudden you find out that the people you thought were your friends have turned against you, they despise you, they mistreat you, they leak to the press. What do you do? Do you become more conservative? Or do you say, 'What am I doing with this crowd of lunatics?' Right? Maybe you have to re-examine your position."

No comments: