Sunday, September 30, 2012

GOOD FOR ALAN DERSHOWITZ

I expected him to support Mitten$ but I was surprised again:
The Obama-meter, Dersh edition
By MAGGIE HABERMAN |
9/30/12 4:17 PM EDT
POLITICO

"Every president makes mistakes," he said on Aaron Klein's WABC radio show. "I am not looking for perfection in a president. I am looking for who offers the best alternative to America, to the world, to peace, to values that I agree with and to the security of Israel. And on balance my support remains with the Democrats. I have been a liberal Democrat for fifty years, I'm not about to change."

He added: "George Bush who loved Israel brought us into war with Iraq, which has been the worst thing that could possibly have ever happened to Israel. It deflects attention from Iran. So good intentions don't make good policy. I think that the Obama policy (on the Middle East), though far from perfect and I have been critical of some aspects of it, is far better than the policy of the predecessor administration. And I'm not looking for love. I'm looking for effective, smart leadership that will help lead toward a good peace and I think the likelihood of that coming from an Obama administration is higher than from a Republican administration."
Aaron Klein is a uber-Israel Firster who also works for World Nut Daily.

No comments: