Tuesday, January 08, 2013

IT WILL BE HARD FOR THE GUN WACKOS TO BELITTLE THIS GUY

They seem to have lot of respect for special forces and this guy was the top commander of them.
Retired Gen. McChrystal To MSNBC: ‘Serious Action Is Necessary’ On Gun Control
by Andrew Kirell | 10:59 am, January 8th, 2013
MEDIAITE

However, echoing a sentiment held by many gun control advocates, McChrystal then said, “I personally don’t think there’s any need for that kind of weaponry on the streets and particularly around the schools in America. I believe that we’ve got to take a serious look. I understand everybody’s desire to have whatever they want, but we have to protect our children and our police, and we have to protect our population. And I think we have to take a very mature look at that.”

Pressed for further thoughts, McChrystal added that, on gun control, “I think serious action is necessary. Sometimes we talk about very limited actions on the edges, and I just don’t think that’s enough.”

Co-host Willie Geist then asked if McChrystal had a “message” for the National Rifle Association and the legislators who would oversee any new laws.

The four-star general’s response: “I think we have to look at the situation in America. The number of people killed by firearms is extraordinary compared to other nations. I don’t think we’re a bloodthirsty culture, and we need to look at everything we can do to safeguard our people.”

No comments: