Wednesday, January 30, 2013

OUR ALLY, WAYNE LAPIERRE

This gun has done more for gun control in the last month than anyone else.   Despite the fact that an overwhelming percentage of Americans support a universal background check, yesterday LaPierre came out against it:
“Let’s make this easy,” Leahy interrupted. “I’m talking about gun shows. Should we have mandatory background checks at gun shows for all sales of weapons?”

“If you are a dealer, that is already the law,” LaPierre dodged.

“That is not my question,” Sen. Leahy interjected. “Please, I’m not trying to play games. If you could, just answer my question.”

“I do not believe the way the law is working now, unfortunately, that it does any good to extend the law to private sales between hobbyists and collectors,” LaPierre responded.

“You do not support background checks in all instances at gun shows?” Leahy asked.

“We do not.”

No comments: