Monday, April 22, 2013

I'M IMPRESSED

(h/t Nicole Belle at Crooks & Liars)

Tom Brokaw had a moment of foreign policy lucidity on Sunday:
And I think we also have to examine the use of drones that the United States is involved and-- and there are a lot of civilians who are innocently killed in a drone attack in Pakistan, in Afghanistan, and in Iraq. And I can tell you having spent a lot of time over there, young people will come up to me on the streets and say we love America. If you harm one hair on the-- on the head of my sister, I will fight you forever and there is this enormous rage against what they see in that part of the world as a presumptuousness of the United States.
The drone killings part of what I was referring to below.

Also, this could probably be entered as 5) on my list of gasbag radio talking points if you turn it upside down and accuse Brokaw of being un-American.

2 comments:

Ken Hoop said...

This is a good trend if it begins one, but I'm afraid there is a master Elite manuever going on,via Syria, to culminate in an attack on Iran if "necessary," using revenge attacks along the way as justification.

So the Brokaws will have to be many
and stalwart.

Anonymous said...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/04/22/pol-terror-plot-ontario-quebec-arrests.html


could this be part of it?
AQ in Iran? Not with the Shia government's knowledge.