Thursday, May 23, 2013

I WAS AFRAID I HEARD THIS CORRECTLY

I caught a snippet of a Defense Dept. claim about the "War on Terror" and I had to make sure I heard it correctly...
DOD: War against al Qaeda could last decades
By Carlo Muñoz - 05/16/13 05:38 PM ET
THE HILL

America's over decade-long fight to dismantle al Qaeda and other Islamic militant offshoots will continue to be a fact of life of U.S. national security for decades to come, a top Pentagon official told Congress.

"In my judgment, this is gonna go on for quite awhile," Michael Sheehan, head of the Pentagon's special operations and low-intensity conflict directorate, told the Senate Armed Service Committee on Thursday.

When panel member Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) asked Sheehan exactly how long that could be, he replied: "I think it's at least 10 to 20 years."

No comments: