Friday, May 24, 2013

WHY WE NEED REGULATION

Back in the old days in Rochester, NY, I was sitting in my neighborhood bar and I wondered why the bartender couldn't combine 2 bottles of the same liquor to provide more room.  I was told that's illegal in NY State because some people would use that as an excuse to water down the booze.  At the time, I thought that was a bit much but years later...

NJ bars, restaurants accused of passing off cheaper booze

By Matthew DeLuca, Staff Writer, NBC News

Nearly 30 New Jersey bars and restaurants have been accused of filling top-shelf liquor bottles with lower-quality hooch, including one establishment that allegedly passed off caramel-colored rubbing alcohol as scotch, state officials said Thursday.
BTW, some other patrons of the same Rochester bar were convinced that at least one brand of booze had been tampered with.

No comments: