Monday, August 19, 2013

A MINOR POINT ABOUT THE NSA & SURVEILLANCE

This is from the WaPo article about the NSA's breach of privacy:
In one instance, the NSA decided that it need not report the unintended surveillance of Americans. A notable example in 2008 was the interception of a “large number” of calls placed from Washington when a programming error confused the U.S. area code 202 for 20, the international dialing code for Egypt, according to a “quality assurance” review that was not distributed to the NSA’s oversight staff.
This incompetence just reminded me of the time in 2006 two U.S. Secret Service agents showed up at my front door and wanted to question me. Had they put in the time to check my posts, they would know that I was referring to one of Ann Coulter's outrageous remarks about Pres. Clinton.

No comments: