Thursday, August 21, 2014

THIS OP-ED WAS BLASTED BY MANY LIBERALS

but I don't think they get the reality of tough street situations. When I lived in Manhattan, if I saw a cop car pulled over with its lights flashing, I would either cross to the other side of the street and sometimes do a complete detour around the scene. This cop I think offers some pragmatic advice when you're not sure what's actually going down:
Don’t argue with me, don’t call me names, don’t tell me that I can’t stop you, don’t say I’m a racist pig, don’t threaten that you’ll sue me and take away my badge. Don’t scream at me that you pay my salary, and don’t even think of aggressively walking towards me.
UPDATE: In this video of the Powell killing, as a bystander, I would have gotten around the corner as soon as I saw that the cops had drawn their guns.

No comments: