Tuesday, December 30, 2014

POSTING AS SOMEONE WHO'S GOTTEN 2 CITATIONS FOR JAY WALKING

I'd say this is a good thing,  if the report is true:
Police Reportedly Say They Aren't Making Arrests After Cop Killings
The Huffington Post | By Simon McCormack
Posted: 12/30/2014 5:07 pm EST


Cops anonymously told the New York Post that they aren't making arrests for minor crimes because they fear for their safety following the murders of two NYPD officers.

"I’m not writing any summonses. Do you think I’m going to stand there so someone can shoot me or hit me in the head with an ax?” a cop, who was granted anonymity by the Post, said. "I’m concerned about my safety. I want to go to home to my wife and kids.”

To back up these assertions, the Post reports in a separate story that arrests have nose-dived by 66 percent over the last week, fueled by huge drops in arrests for minor offenses. That percentage is based on a comparison between last week starting Dec. 22 and the same week in 2013.

No comments: