Monday, December 14, 2015

HANNITY ON REALITY: "IT DOESN'T MATTER"

This interview of Hannity in the IBT contains lines that summarize conservative talk radio's approach to the world:
Hannity confided that sometimes, when he’s traveling the country or bored during book signings, he will put “cute couples” on the spot and pressure the man into proposing to his girlfriend. He said Ted Cruz once watched him do it. “I’m like, ‘how long you been dating?’ ... ‘Okay, why haven’t you asked her?’ And I put him under the gun. Then I say, ‘why don’t you do it now?”
Hannity began to gesture to an imaginary crowd. “Don’t you think he should do it now?’ And the crowd gets into it,” he said breathlessly. “I have a success rate of about 90 percent.”
How does he know that they’ve gone on and gotten married? He paused. “I don’t, but it doesn’t matter.”

No comments: