Monday, January 11, 2016

BIRTHERISM IS A 2-WAY STREET

Fats Limbaugh gets caught in bullshit he helped promote:
RUSH: Back to the phones. This is John in Redding, California. Great to have you on the program, sir. Hello.

CALLER: Thank you for taking my call, Rush.

RUSH: Yes, sir.

CALLER: Yes! You being the tenured professor at the Limbaugh Institute of Advanced Conservative Studies have taught us students out here that words mean things.

RUSH: Yes.

CALLER: That being said, I have looked at the every Naturalization Act from 1795 --
RUSH: Yes?

CALLER: -- to 2016, and I do not find the words "natural born citizen" in any statute. So then how is it that Cruz, being a n-naturalized citizen (sic)...? How is he a natural born citizen?

RUSH: No, he is natural born.

CALLER: How?

RUSH: You have to go back. This is why the original intent of the Founders is so important when talking about the Constitution. Back in the days the Constitution was written --

CALLER: Mmm-hmm.

RUSH: -- in Article 2, "natural born citizen" was a derivative of "natural born subject."

CALLER: Ehhh, I believe that the Founders used the (unintelligible) more than they did Blackstone or somebody along those lines, which he stated "born in country to citizen parents" is a "natural born citizen."

RUSH: Well, it has been debated. Words have been written. There have been lawsuits over this. I mentioned last week, I saw a blog post of 75,000 words -- some legal website with 75,000 words -- of opinion on this, because it was not defined in the Constitution. The best anybody's been able to do is go look at what is meant --

CALLER: No.

RUSH: -- by "natural born citizen."

CALLER: The Supreme Court has weighed in in Minor v. Happersett. Very clear, very clear on what the definition is.

RUSH: Uh, then I wouldn't --

CALLER: That was a 9-0 decision by the court, and the chief justice wrote the opinion.
RUSH: Are you telling me the Supreme Court has opined in such a way that Cruz is not a legal citizen?

CALLER: That is correct.

RUSH: Then you're not right.

CALLER: No, no, no, no!

CALLER: Don't put words in my mouth!

RUSH: You're not right!

CALLER: No!

RUSH: You're not right. I don't care what, you're not right. You can sit there all day long and try to tell us that Ted Cruz is not a citizen, and you're wrong. I don't care what you're citing or sourcing. The Supreme Court... If it were true, Cruz would be out. There are legal opinions all over the place quite to the contrary on this. (sigh) I endeavored to answer the question honestly, and the moment I got the first sentence of my heartfelt, honestly intended answer, bam! Here came the, "You don't know what you're talking about, Blackstone v. The Town." I'm saying to myself, what the hell is Blackstone v. The Town? Natural-born subject, Founders, British law at the time. It's settled. Cruz's mother was a citizen. Therefore he is. Deal with it.

No comments: