Friday, May 01, 2009

"WHATEVER"

Bill O'Reilly fancies himself a values person and I was shocked to hear his simplistic dismissal of those who are opposed to torture. (via County Fair) Here's the transcript1:
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

OBAMA: I have put an end to the interrogation techniques described in those memos, and I want to -- I want to be very clear and very blunt. I have done so for a simple reason. Because I believe that our nation is stronger and more secure when we deploy the full measure of both our power and the power of our values, including the rule of law. I know I can count on you to do exactly that.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: All right. So, what that showed to me is just the huge divide in America between the national security people who say, "Look, we've got to have this thing in our arsenal." And then the theoreticians, like Ellis Henican, who say, "Oh, no, we've got to have our values." And whatever. That's what that showed me.

1Fox News Network
April 28, 2009 Tuesday
SHOW: THE O'REILLY FACTOR 8:00 PM EST
Public Weighs in on Torture, Obama's Policies
BYLINE: Bill O'Reilly, Frank Luntz
SECTION: NEWS; Domestic
LENGTH: 931 words

No comments: