Friday, June 15, 2007

FUCK YOU, GEN. PACE!

Even IF Pace is being honest, only someone who's at best out of touch with reality could have made these statements.

Pace Says He Refused to Quit Voluntarily
Jun 15, 6:52 PM (ET)
By ROBERT BURNS

Pace, responding to a question from the audience after he spoke at the Joint Forces Staff College in Norfolk, Va., on Thursday evening, said he first heard that his expected nomination for a second two-year term was in jeopardy in mid-May. Defense Secretary Robert Gates on June 8 announced Pace was being replaced.

"One thing that was discussed was whether or not I should just voluntarily retire and take the issue off the table," Pace said, according to a transcript released Friday by his office at the Pentagon.

"I said I could not do that for one very fundamental reason," which is that no soldier or Marine in Iraq should "think - ever - that his chairman, whoever that person is, could have stayed in the battle and voluntarily walked off the battlefield.

"That is unacceptable as a leadership thing, in my mind," he added.

Pace the Partisan went on to say:

"I will run through the finish line on 1 October, and when I run through the finish line I will have met the mission I set for myself," he said.


Was the mission to attack an editorial cartoonist and support a felon convicted of perjury and obstruction of justice? Or was it to sit idly by as Rumsfeld ruined our ground forces?

As Cindy Sheehan might say, "what was the mission, Gen. Pace?"

No comments: