Tuesday, October 16, 2007

WINGNUT ANGER: WILL IT EVER DIMINISH???

Fats Limbaugh suggested that Ann Coulter was popular with the GOP base because she provides "them an outlet for their own anger." Now it looks like 12-year olds can do the same thing:


OLBERMANN: Mrs. Frost, your address posted online, these lies accepted as facts, death threats. Did you know beforehand that people like this existed in America?

B. FROST: I knew people like this existed in America. But I am shocked that it came to this, that they seem to use this as a distraction technique to take away the issue at hand. And that is that millions of children in America are without health insurance and could benefit greatly from the S-CHIP bill, just like my family has. And my main goal was to get that message across, that we just want to help other families like we have been helped. And just thinking that it was turned around in such a nasty, negative way is unbelievable to me.

UPDATE: Crooks & Liars has the video clip of the Olbermann segment.

Malkin defended the wingnuts by claiming that the death threat on Red State was NOT representative of conservatives but I'm afraid it is. VoteVets, an anti-war group, was attacked on-air by Fats Limbaugh and received a lot of hate mail from the idiots who believe Fats tells the truth. Brandon Friedman provided some examples in a post on DKos:

"I suggest you all denounce your U.S. citizenship and get the hell out of this Country."

"I just went on your communist web site, unreal, I am retired military and you are a 'P.O.S.'"


"...YOU VETS HAVE CHOISEN TO GET POLITICAL ...YOUI ARE FAIR GAME TO BE TAKEN OUT AS A DANGEROUS LEFT WING GROUP "

"...like it or not, we may have to resort to the same tactics as used back in 1860 when this country went to war with itself, North vs South, only this time it's Conservative vs Liberal and I'm ready to join in as soon as the fireworks start."


I've posted similar comments I found on AOL's message boards, one even suggested that liberals should be interned in camps.

No comments: