Friday, May 09, 2008

PERLE & FRUM AGREE WITH McCAIN

McCain to Me in 1999: Bush "As Dumb as a Stump"
Al Meyerhoff
Posted May 9, 2008 06:01 PM (EST)
Huffington Post

Over the Fourth of July weekend of 1999, I had the good fortune to accompany my then fiancée (and now happily my wife) to the McCain vacation home in Sedona where she was interviewing them for a Home and Garden Television show. The interview itself was entirely apolitical, focusing on fabrics and furnishing in their lovely Oak Creek abode, topics about which I do recall the senator was less than comfortable discussing.

Always the goods hosts, the McCains also invited us to spend the day with them, including for barbeque, a favorite of John's. And as McCain flipped burgers, I could not help but ask his views about then candidate George W. Bush.

"He's as dumb as a stump," McCain offered.

No comments: