Saturday, July 12, 2008

OUT OF TOUCH

I found this at Atrios' place and I was just astounded. McCain says he's "learning to get online" all by himself. I once worked with a guy who would say something like this and I wouldn't trust him to order take-out. From the NYT:


Q: What websites if any do you look at regularly?

Mr. McCain: Brooke and Mark show me Drudge, obviously, everybody watches, for better or for worse, Drudge. Sometimes I look at Politico. Sometimes RealPolitics, sometimes.
(Mrs. McCain and Ms. Buchanan both interject: “Meagan’s blog!”)

Mr. McCain: Excuse me, Meagan’s blog. And we also look at the blogs from Michael and from you that may not be in the newspaper, that are just part of your blog.

Q: But do you go on line for yourself?

Mr. McCain: They go on for me. I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself. I don’t expect to be a great communicator, I don’t expect to set up my own blog, but I am becoming computer literate to the point where I can get the information that I need – including going to my daughter’s blog first, before anything else.

Q: Do you use a blackberry or email?

Mr. McCain: No

Mark Salter: He uses a BlackBerry, just ours.

Mr. McCain: I use the Blackberry, but I don’t e-mail, I’ve never felt the particular need to e-mail. I read e-mails all the time, but the communications that I have with my friends and staff are oral and done with my cell phone. I have the luxury of being in contact with them literally all the time. We now have a phone on the plane that is usable on the plane, so I just never really felt a need to do it. But I do – could I just say, really – I understand the impact of blogs on American politics today and political campaigns. I understand that. And I understand that something appears on one blog, can ricochet all around and get into the evening news, the front page of The New York Times. So, I do pay attention to the blogs. And I am not in any way unappreciative of the impact that they have on entire campaigns and world opinion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://strata-sphere.com/blog/index.php/archives/5654#comments

Also Out Of Touch. Couldn't resist.
Today the charlatan AJ Strata brags about "jihad retreat" and ineptitude in Afghanistan and Pakistan...and shortly afterwards
has to report on the successful attack killing NINE US troops today!

Steve J. said...

Ken,

Retreat? WTF is AJ smoking???

Anonymous said...

http://strata-sphere.com/blog/index.php/archives/5660

Strata, who is part of the M.I.Complex. is also a damn liar and a bold liar. Here he says had America pulled its troops early, "Al Qaeda," never more than a miniscule 10% of the Sunni insurgency, would have killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. The Iraqis however, with cause, blame American occupation for killing a million innocent countrymen, either by an unjustified invasion and occupation or an inept occupation or both. The war whores are going out without gaining an ounce of honor, if Strata is any indication.

Anonymous said...

AJ today further dissected:

Strata...."Instead al-Qaeda is now the enemy of Islam - that happened because no one listened to you Senator Obama. Right now Iran’s influence on Iraq has been dealt a serious blow as Shiite Prime Minister Maliki spearheaded the destruction of the Mahdi Militia - something that would not have happened if we listened to you Senator.

Sorry, AJ. Al Sadr's militia has not been destroyed and IRAN was
pivotal in negotiating the peace between Shiite factions, thus demonstrating its tactical victory in the Iraq war.




Right now al-Qaeda and the Taliban have a very limited and encircled sanctuary in the tribal lands of Pakistan - not something we would have seen if they had taken over Iraq and were heading to Israel, as they planned - because we listened to you Senator.

The number of successful attacks by the Taliban has grown significantly, comparing summer 2007 and 2008. Anthony Cordesman warns Afghanistan is deteriorating rapidly and US or NATO troops must be rushed there. Pakistan now has at least a moderately anti-American government and a sigificantly increased level of jihad attacks within its own borders.

Obama is really an incredibly idiotic politician

I still lean Nader, but Strata's misreading of events in Iraq Afghanistan and Pakistan make
Obama look like an expert.

Anonymous said...

Lastly, the lie that "Al Qaeda of Iraq"-never a cohesively organized wing of bin Laden's Al Qaeda to begin with, was capable of "taking over Iraq" then advancing an Iraqi military to Israel , is nothing short of contemptible, designed to appeal to the most ill-read elements of what is left of the dwindling 38% of Iraq War supporters in America.